Improved Racing Universal Remote Engine Oil Cooler Thermostat
- IMP FSM 215
- Ships Next Business Day
Improved Racing's Flow Series Motorsport (FSM) oil thermostat is a universal solution that can be used with any oil cooler on any vehicle.
This high-temperature thermostat is designed for motor sport and heavy duty applications and maintains the oil exiting the engine at a minimum temperature of 215°F (102°C) +/- 5°F in most conditions. This high temperature rating ensures that condensates boil out of the oil, leading to improved reliability and longer oil service life. The higher minimum temperature also ensures that heavy duty applications running high viscosity, high temperature engine oils don't suffer engine wear and horsepower losses in conditions where oil may be over-cooled, such as cold or rainy weather.
The device's unique patent-pending internal design - the result of over a year of research and development - ensures a low pressure drop by placing the bypass valve mechanism completely out of the primary oil flow. This arrangement also allows for a compact design.
The thermostat features female -10AN O-ring boss threads and is available with AN fittings in -06AN, -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN or 3/8" hose barb fittings. The included brackets allow for multiple mounting options.
Supersedes part numbers ENV-102.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces excessive engine wear and horsepower losses while improving gas mileage by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum fluid temperature of 215°F (102°C) +/- 5°F in most conditions
- Patent-pending, high flow, low pressure drop design locates the valve assembly completely out of the primary fluid flow
- Allows a small percentage (less than 10%) of fluid to continually circulate through the cooler to eliminate air pockets and prevent cold fluid trapped in the cooler from shocking the system
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Lightweight at just 12.7 ounces (360g) without brackets or fittings
Valve assembly is completely housed between the two ports.
No valves, springs, or thermal motor interrupting the primary oil flow!
Compact dimensions (shown in inches)
Brackets allow for multiple mounting configurations
Available with 3/8" hose barb fittings or AN fittings in -12AN, -10AN, -08AN, or -06AN
- The FSM series thermostat is designed for universal oil temperature control in engines, transmissions, differentials, and industrial cooling applications.
- 1x 215°F Remote thermostat block
- 4x Black anodized 3/8" hose barb or -06AN, -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 2x Zinc-plated steel mounting brackets and screws