Improved Racing VE - VF Baffled Oil Pan Complete
- IMP EMG 411
- Ships Next Business Day
This package couples the factory oil pan for the Chevrolet Camaro SS, Chevrolet Caprice PPV, Chevrolet SS and Pontiac G8 with Improved Racing's trap door oil pan baffle. This is a great pan for swaps, if you have the space for it, because of its high oil capacity of 8 quarts.
The complete swap kit includes everything you need to swap to this oil pan: the oil pan, Improved Racing baffle, dip stick, dip stick tube, pickup tube, and windage tray.
The graph below plots oil pressures with the factory baffling (in red) versus the Improved Racing EGM-204 baffle (in black).
Click to Enlarge
Old part number EGM-411.
Features and Benefits
- Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles
- Directional trap door baffling completely encloses the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
- Baffle plate with drain-back guides and drain-back slots help accelerate return of oil to the bottom of the sump while also preventing oil slosh and reducing oil consumption
- Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
- High-quality factory cast aluminum oil pan, which is considered a structural part of the engine block and is less prone to failure or leaking than aftermarket sheet metal pans
- Lifetime Warranty on oil pan baffle only
- Oil pan baffle made in the USA
- Improved Racing Caprice PPV / Camaro SS / G8 / SS Racing Oil Pan Baffle, part # EGM-205 (old part number EGM-1005)
- GM Part # 12640748 - oil pan, gasket, and mounting hardware
- Complete swap kit also includes:
- GM Part # 12634547 - oil dip stick (indicator)
- GM Part # 12625031 - oil dip stick tube
- GM Part # 12611904 - oil pickup tube
- GM Part # 12611129 - windage tray (deflector)
- 2006-Present Holden VE/VF Commodore
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 GT & GXP
- 2008-Present Vauxhall VXR8
- 2010-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS (LS3 and L99)
- 2011-Present Chevrolet Caprice PPV V8
- 2012-2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- 2014-Present Chevrolet SS
- Bolts to all GM Gen III & IV LS family engines including LS1, LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9, L76, L98, L92, L93, L99, LQ4, LQ9, LSA, LSX and V8 Vortec variations